fine me here
hey! as someone who has admined a lot of site i know clique’s can be a little frustrating. my advice would definitely be to talk to the members that are causing issues and calmly talk to them about it - see why it is they’ve taken to bullying people and make sure it’s not just a misunderstanding. the last thing you want to do it go in point fingers because the situation will escalate quickly in that case. if they get defensive/angry/give you a reason to suspect it’s not a misunderstanding and they are genuinely bullying people then warn them that they will potentially be banned if they continue. like i said, the best way to deal w/ this is to first give everyone the benefit of the doubt before you star pointing fingers. hope that helped!
Because I wanted to see something that really got into the nitty gritty details of a character.
I tried to organize it into sections and equalize the amount of writing you’d be doing each day, but obviously that’s going to vary from character to character. Good luck, and may the force be with you.
HERMIONE HELPS YOU - Moodboard Psd One
Character moodboards are really trendy right now, and I know many people aren’t quite sure how to make the layouts, so here’s a psd template to help! All sections should be clearly labeled and easy to understand. Please note that this is a base; all colors, fonts, and sections are completely customizable. In fact, it’ll look so much better if you change it around to match your character. So do whatever you want with it. Here is an example of a completed moodboard.
No credit is necessary, but a like or reblog is certainly appreciated. Please don’t repost, redistribute, or claim as your own. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Also, thanks to icarus-writes and asheathes for inspiration.
A mini-tutorial is under the cut. Please read this first before asking any questions.
First off—basic resources:
- Examples of moodboards: [x] [x] [x] [x]
- Picture blogs: [x] [x] [x] [x]
- Typography tutorials: [x] [x] [x]
This will make much more sense if you have the psd open, so make sure that’s open first. I will be going through the psd from bottom to top.
- Background/base layer - This is pretty self-explanatory. You can keep the background as is or change the color.
- Character name layer - Once again, self explanatory. I recommend changing the font to one that matches your character. For example, in my moodboard, I used a cursive font.
- Next is a divider layer. I would leave those alone unless you’re moving things around.
- Section 1: Colors - Okay, open up the group. You should see six circle layers and six text layers. To change the color of a circle layer, select the layer and then click on the shape tool. You should see a button on the top that says fill; click on it. There you will find a drop down list of colors. Select the color picker on top-right hand corner and bam. You have all the colors of the rainbow to choose from. Once you’ve chosen your color scheme, go to the text layers and give all the colors names. Good places to find color schemes: [x] [x] [x]
- Section 2: Quotes - Select the layer that says “quote here” and type in your quote. Again, I recommend changing the font and color to match your character. Go crazy with typography.
- Section 3: Style - Here’s where it gets a little tricky. Don’t worry, just a little. The dimensions of the shapes, as stated in the psd are 67x111. After you have resized the picture for polygon one, paste it in a layer directly above it. It must be the layer after it or else this won’t work. Next, carefully place the picture over the polygorn. Make sure that layer is still selected, and then press on the dropdown “layers” button at the top (right between “image” and “type”) and then click on “Create clipping mask”. Voila. Repeat this process for the next two images, and remember the picture layers go right on top of the shapes.
- Section 4: Portraits - Okay, for this layer, you have the option between frame textures or polaroid textures. Hit the little eye button next to the layer to hide whichever option you’re not using. The dimensions of each picture are stated in the psd.
- And now, once again, you have a choice. The template has two options for section 5—a patterns section or a symbols section. Be sure to hide whichever option you aren’t using with the eye button again.
- Section 5: Symbols - You can find these easily off of google images. Minimalist posters are also a great place to look.
- Section 5: Patterns - Here's a pattern blog, and here's another. Also, try google or colourlovers.
- Section 6: Mood - Links to picture blogs are shown above. Try to think of your character’s interests, quirks, emotions, etc. for inspiration on what to pick.
That’s it! If you still have questions after reading this, message me (preferably off anon).
Jessica Chastain Gif Hunt PT2: 150+
or less, but it felt like a lot.
( if you want a gif taken down, let me know. None of these are mine.
Please don’t reblog unless you’re a rph/rpc blog.)
ELSA HOSK GIF HUNT
HQ, small and medium gifs of ELSA HOSK
can be found under the cut. None of these gifs are mine so credit goes to the owners of the gifs. Please like/reblog if you found this helpful.
♔ BLAKE LIVELY GIF HUNT ♔
350 high quality, small and medium gifs of BLAKE LIVELY can be found under the cut. None of these gifs are mine so credit goes to the owners of the gifs. Please like/reblog if you found this helpful
Happy 28th birthday, Keira!